Tristan's Albulm

Tristan's Albulm

The Growing Bb...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Current Weight: 10.3 kg (24 Jan 2011)
Current Length: 85 cm (24 Jan 2011)

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Birthing place

Woken up by my own snoring n couldn't go back to sleep.. so decided to just wake up n do something rather than lie down. I do not have very uncomfortable symptoms during this pregnancy but my stuffy nose is killing me. It's so bad that everynight, i had to take a tablet to sleep if not, i either wake Darby or myself up with my snoring :( Haiz..

Went to see a new Gyne on Mon, 8.40am at Camden medical, Dr Lai, a male doc. I dun mind my doc being male or female but i find that he's more open and detailed in explaining stuff to me. I was impressed that he was willing to fit me in, last min, esp Mon at such an early timing, 8.40am, becos i know most doc would not do that. When i presented my rather loh saw version of the birth plan, he seems ok, except that he told me if i wanted a natural 3 stage, which is the birth of the placenta, than I'll need to take some iron tablets so to minimise postpartum bleeding. I told him that i dun mind active management in the 3rd stage of labor and will leave it to himto handle it.

After that at 11am, i went to TMC to tour, honestly, i didn't like that hospital.. Sorry Jan, Wendy and Sherrie who have birth there, I felt that it was like a market.. very noisy and crowded and it seems to me or how the marketing exe portrayed it as the service standard depended upon what kind of room u r in and how much u pay for them. She was also not very experienced and informed.

Finish at 12pm, had nothing to do cos the tour at Mount Alvernia was 2.30, i drove to Novena square for lunch. i actually didn't wan to tour Mount Alvernia cos i didn't really know how to get there but having seen TMC n was disappointed, i jus thot what the hack, if Mount Alvernia don't work out, i'll tour East Shore Hospital on the weekend.

Drove to Mount Alvernia and reach there early at 2pm. Was surprised that it was a catholic hospital. i was impressed by their service standards although it was a relative small hospital as compared to the other ones that i've visited. They gave me a goody bag which comprises of magazines, sample of Anmun Milk, their service brocheurs and also a free drink voucher! I thought that was very thoughtful of them. Our 'tour group' was small, just me and this very young couple and the lady that brought us touring the Hospital was very detail and friendly. I was impressed and was also happy to know that the nurses were all very friendly and nice. At that moment, i know that this is the hospital that i wan to birth in!

i am glad that i could tour different hospital and also changed doc last min. It's a bit risky to do such last min changes but i know it's all worth while. At least, i dun have to be induced at 39 weeks and have the option to chose the hospital that i want to birth in! Mount Alvernia is also the hospital that Darby was born in 36 years ago.. like father like son!

No comments:

Post a Comment